How to Detect Water Leaks
Despite where you live, your business or home could receive severe water damage. Sewer backups, basement flooding and storm damage can all generate major damages. Let the professionals from Paul Davis alleviate the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family. In order to decrease the amount of damage your home will sustain, contact the professionals immediately. Our nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors can analyze and fix the issue, no matter the amount of water damage.
What Causes Water Damage?
Every home has appliances that are needed for day to day life. Unfortunately, if they malfunction, they can cause significant problems. Any appliance that uses water could flood and cause major damage. If you have an emergency on your hands, don’t worry. Any water damage issues can be repaired by our highly trained water repair technicians. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water lines or pipes
- Sinks, bathtubs or toilets that have overflowed
- Backed up septic tank and sewage lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
- Heavy rain or storms
- Cresting streams or rivers
Prevent Water Damage
What’s the best way to avoid costly repairs? Preventing water damage altogether. That’s why productive prevention is key to avoiding expensive repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Here are some ways you can avoid water damage:
- Examine your appliances for leaks regularly.
- Avoid pouring grease down your sink, because it cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Check that your water pressure isn’t too high, so it isn’t putting undesirable pressure on your pipes or hoses.
- Know how to turn off your water main in case of an emergency. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you can shut off your water main right away to stop any further damage.
- Check your water bill for any unexpected spikes in your usage. It could indicate a leak.
- To prevent damage to your siding or foundation, clean your gutters regularly.
To prevent water damage, it’s important to be smart. Regularly check your house and appliances. If you suspect that you may have a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. If it’s just a small leak, then address it yourself as soon as possible. But if it’s bigger pipe burst, call the experienced water damage technicians from Paul Davis.
The Water Restoration Services We Provide
You shouldn’t waste any time when an emergency happens. Paul Davis franchises all provide 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to fix any water damages as soon as they can. We offer a vast array of water remediation services, including the following:
- Water damage assessment
- Extracting water
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
- Finding and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Assisting with filing insurance claims
Call Paul Davis Today
Your home can sustain serious damages from a burst or leaking pipe. If you’re in need of water damage mitigation call Paul! at (847) 362-6777. When you call, we’ll get you in touch with an expert in your area. We’ve spent 50 years repairing water damages, so you can rely on Paul Davis to handle any water emergency you throw our way.